Section 304 Elimination of Expired and Outdated Provisions
(a) AMENDMENTS TO THE COMMUNICATIONS ACT OF 1934- The Communications Act of 1934 is amended--
(1) in section 7(b), by striking `or twelve months after the date of the enactment of this section, if later' both places it appears;
(2) in section 212, by striking `After sixty days from the enactment of this Act it shall' and inserting `It shall';
(3) in section 213, by striking subsection (g) and redesignating subsection (h) as subsection (g);
(4) in section 214, by striking `section 221 or 222' and inserting `section 221';
(5) in section 220(b), by striking `, as soon as practicable,';
(6) by striking section 222;
(7) in section 224(b)(2), by striking `Within 180 days from the date of enactment of this section the Commission' and inserting `The Commission';
(8) in 226(e), by striking `within 9 months after the date of enactment of this section,';
(9) in section 309(i)(4)(A), by striking `The commission, not later than 180 days after the date of the enactment of the Communications Technical Amendments Act of 1982, shall,' and inserting `The Commission shall,';
(10) by striking section 328;
(11) in section 413, by striking `, within sixty days after the taking effect of this Act,';
(12) in section 624(d)(2)(B)--
(A) by striking out `(A)';
(B) by inserting `of' after `restrict the viewing'; and
(C) by striking subparagraph (B);
(13) by striking sections 702 and 703;
(14) in section 704--
(A) by striking subsections (b) and (d); and
(B) by redesignating subsection (c) as subsection (b);
(15) in section 705(g) (as redesignated by section 304(25)), by striking `within 6 months after the date of enactment of the Satellite Home Viewer Act of 1988, the Federal Communications Commission' and inserting `The Commission';
(16) in section 710(f)--
(A) by striking the first and second sentences; and
(B) in the third sentence, by striking `Thereafter, the Commission' and inserting `The Commission';
(17) in section 712(a), by striking `, within 120 days after the effective date of the Satellite Home Viewer Act of 1988,'; and
(18) by striking section 713.
(b) AMENDMENTS TO THE COMMUNICATIONS SATELLITE ACT OF 1962- The Communications Satellite Act of 1962 is amended--
(1) in section 201(a)(1), by striking `as expeditiously as possible,';
(2) by striking sections 301 and 302 and inserting the following:
`SEC. 301. CREATION OF CORPORATION.
`There is authorized to be created a communications satellite corporation for profit which will not be an agency or establishment of the United States Government.
`SEC. 302. APPLICABLE LAWS.
`The corporation shall be subject to the provisions of this Act and, to the extent consistent with this Act, to the District of Columbia Business Corporation Act. The right to repeal, alter, or amend this Act at any time is expressly reserved.';
(3) in section 304(a), by striking `at a price not in excess of $100 for each share and';
(4) in section 404--
(A) by striking subsections (a) and (c); and
(B) by redesignating subsection (b) as section 404;
(5) in section 503--
(A) by striking paragraph (2) of subsection (a); and
(B) by redesignating paragraph (3) of subsection (a) as paragraph (2) of such subsection;
(C) by striking subsection (b);
(D) in subsection (g)--
(i) by striking `subsection (c)(3)' and inserting `subsection (b)(3)'; and
(ii) by striking the last sentence; and
(E) by redesignating subsections (c) through (h) as subsections (b) through (g), respectively;
(5) by striking sections 505, 506, and 507; and
(6) by redesignating section 508 as section 505.
Approved October 25, 1994.