Section 206 Fraudulent Alteration of Commercial Mobile Radio Instruments
(a) OFFENSE- Section 1029(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended--
(1) by striking `or' at the end of paragraph (3); and
(2) by inserting after paragraph (4) the following new paragraphs:
`(5) knowingly and with intent to defraud uses, produces, traffics in, has control or custody of, or possesses a telecommunications instrument that has been modified or altered to obtain unauthorized use of telecommunications services; or
`(6) knowingly and with intent to defraud uses, produces, traffics in, has control or custody of, or possesses--
`(A) a scanning receiver; or
`(B) hardware or software used for altering or modifying telecommunications instruments to obtain unauthorized access to telecommunications services,'.
(b) PENALTY- Section 1029(c)(2) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by striking `(a)(1) or (a)(4)' and inserting `(a) (1), (4), (5), or (6)'.
(c) DEFINITIONS- Section 1029(e) of title 18, United States Code, is amended--
(1) in paragraph (1) by inserting `electronic serial number, mobile identification number, personal identification number, or other telecommunications service, equipment, or instrument identifier,' after `account number,';
(2) by striking `and' at the end of paragraph (5);
(3) by striking the period at the end of paragraph (6) and inserting `; and'; and
(4) by adding at the end the following new paragraph:
`(7) the term `scanning receiver' means a device or apparatus that can be used to intercept a wire or electronic communication in violation of chapter 119.'.